Following the continued growth of the business and a recent restructure of the Group Finance team, our client is seeking an Assistant Finance Manager for the Malta office. The role will be primarily responsible for leading the finance functions of a small group of companies within the Group. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background, allied to a keen sense of continuous improvement, and an ability to take people with them. Reporting to the Director of Finance you will be responsible for:-
- Managing the transaction and financial accounting processes.
- Preparing the annual financial statements and supporting the audit process.
- Preparing management accounts and other information relevant to business performance.
- Formulating budgets, forecasts and other financial plans.
- Ensuring payments are made and received in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identifying simplification, automation, and cost-reduction opportunities within the business.
- Submission of VAT returns and assistance with relevant tax returns.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Comfortable with using Finance IT systems (such as Info SunSystems), and Microsoft Excel and Word.
- To work in a methodical and organized manner, ensuring tasks are completed on time.
- Anticipates potential challenges and develops plans to adapt and react accordingly.
- Keeps all relevant stakeholders informed of progress as appropriate
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Experience within an audit firm/corporate service provide would be an asset
- Hold an Excelent level of both Maltese and English
Education & Experience
University Masters in Accounting, ACA, ACCA or in the final stages of ACA or ACCA.
Job Reference: WS558
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.