Our client a well-known company within Financial Services is seeking an Assistant Finance Manager to join their established team here in Malta. The role will be primarily responsible for leading one of the Malta-based company within the Group. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background, allied to a keen sense of continuous improvement, and an ability to take people with them. Reporting to the Director of Finance you will be responsible for:
- Preparing management accounts and other information relevant to business performance.
- Formulating budgets, forecasts and other financial plans.
- Ensuring payments are made and received in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identifying simplification, automation, and cost-reduction opportunities within the business.
- Submission of VAT returns and assistance with relevant tax returns.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- To critically review, analyse, compare and interpret information in order to draw relevant conclusions and make decisions
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Comfortable with using Finance IT systems (such as Info SunSystems), and Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Experience within an audit firm/corporate service provider woud be desirable
- Currently living in Malta
Education & Experience
University Masters in Accounting, ACA, ACCA or in the final stages of ACA or ACCA.
Job Reference: VF908
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.