Our Client is currently seeking to recruit an Accounts Executive to strengthen their Finance Department.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Administration of accounting records; including the posting of routine transactions, bank and other reconciliations, monthly maintenance invoices and third-party order processing;
- Debtors chasing;
- Preparation of periodic and ad hoc reports;
- Posting of accounting journals including maintenance of prepayments, accruals and deferred income schedules;
- Updating of Sales and Purchasing ledger;
- Handling of petty cash;
- Company procurement procedures;
- Processing of payments and receipts in a timely manner;
- Maintenance of the company fixed asset register;
- Assisting in the administration of the companies insurance policies;
- Dealing with auditors as part of the annual statutory external audit;
- Dealing with matters and general queries of the company’s clients and suppliers;
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers, customers and third parties;
- Assistance with the onboarding and off-boarding of clients including preparation and review of contracts;
- Other general and administrative duties.
Education and Experience
- An AAT diploma or in the process of obtaining the ACCA qualification;
- Strong technical accounting background with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel;
- Familiarity with the use of the Shireburn Financial Manager (SFM) will be considered an asset.
- Fluent in written and spoken Maltese & English;
- Organised with the ability to work on their own initiative;
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- A great eye for detail;
- In possession of strong time-management skills;
- Positive and proactive team player.
Our Client is a leading software development house based in Malta, serving both local and international clients.
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.