Our Client has a vacancy for an Accounts Executive.
Forming part of the Finance Team, reporting to the Assistant Financial Controller, the Accounts Executive will perform various duties within the Finance Department, related to the Purchase Ledger function.
- Compare purchase orders to invoices and distributes to proper Department Head for approval;
- Audit invoices for errors and correct as necessary;
- Attach invoices to purchase orders and receiving documents;
- Process approved invoices and balances open invoices to computer listings;
- Ensure the correct charging amount by coding invoices;
- Reconcile all statements, request missing invoices and make adjustments as necessary;
- Summarise payments due and communicate cash needs to the Controller for approval subsequently prepare payments;
- Ensure appropriate support documentation is obtained and attached to the invoices before payment is made;
- Research travel agency commission checks and perform necessary follow-up;
- Maintain all necessary files and register for accounts payable;
- Prepare all appropriate period closing reports and entries.
Experience & Skills
- A minimum of an A level in Accounts;
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Working knowledge of SUN Accounting and Microsoft Excel is essential for this role;
- Highly motivated, smart, fluent in English and able to work on own initiative without supervision;
- Willing to work in a fast-paced work environment.
This vacancy is with a leading organisation within the hospitality industry, renowned for its quality service and high standards.
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.