A local group of companies is currently looking for an Accountant to join their growing team
- Monthly Management Accounts: responsibility for the preparation and oversight of the monthly management accounts for the group.
- VAT Return: responsibility of checking and reconciling VAT returns, with a keen focus on ensuring compliance with the Maltese VAT act.
- Intra-Group Balances Reconciliation: oversee a reconciliation process for intra-group balances.
- Budget Variances and Investigation: duty of identifying discrepancies in budgets and financial reports.
- Assisting Financial Controller: a collaborative relationship with the Financial Controller.
- Liaising with Auditors: being a primary point of contact for external auditors, ensuring the smooth and efficient execution of the audit process.
- Liaising with Accounts and Credit Controllers: having an effective communication and collaboration with the accounts and credit controllers.
- Issue Resolution: being a proactive problem solver, diligently addressing financial issues as they arise and working towards the discovery of sustainable solutions.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of local Accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills, meticulous attention to detail, and a deep understanding of financial principles are essential
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
Education & Experience
Partly Qualified through ACCA
Flexible working hours
Job Reference: HJ631
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.