Our client is currently looking for an Accountant who will be reporting directly to the Financial Controller.
Main duties include:
- Maintain accounting records and prepare periodic reports including the monthly management accounts.
- Prepare, review and compute reconciliation of monthly accruals and prepayments.
- Prepare cash flows and related analysis.
- Assist with budget preparation.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns.
- Implement financial policies.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Issue clients’ invoices and payments to creditors.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the monthly analyses of variances.
- Participate in the financial annual audits and liaise with the company’s auditors as required.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory financial statements.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Financial Controller.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in a similar role.
- Competence in MS Office applications, especially Excel, and preferably the Shireburn accounting package.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work towards agreed deadlines.
- Must be highly organized and manage work with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, reliable and able to work on own initiative.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Education & Experience
Advanced stages of ACCA or equivalent
Job Reference: PI459
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.