Our client, a leading company within the local insurance industry, is looking for an Accountant to join the Finance Department.
- Carrying out/reviewing journals and reconciliations;
- Carrying out/monitoring maintenance of cashbooks, allocation of expenditure, and the processing of supplier invoices;
- Producing statutory accounts, monthly Management Accounts and year-end financial accounts;
- Preparing and reviewing monthly forecast financial behaviour and its interpretation, including budgeting and financial plans;
- Completing/ monitoring quarterly VAT returns and provide advice on compliance with VAT regulations as necessary.
- Preparation of data for use of regular reporting to the Group and MFSA;
- Preparation of monthly presentations used at board meetings;
- Executing payments of investment purchases and billing;
- Reviewing, updating, implementing existing internal accounting systems and introducing new systems and controls when appropriate;
- Developing and reviewing policies and procedures manuals for the Finance Department;
- First point of reference for external auditors;
- Analysing staff key metrics to identify areas of improvement.
Education and Experience:
- Applicants should be fully qualified accountants;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in finance and accounting.
- Strong verbal and written communication;
- Problem solving and decision making;
- Analysis and interpretation;
- Significant attention to detail;
- Strong organisation, multi-tasking and time management skills;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Applications).
Job Reference: SB887
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.