In this position as an Accountant, you will manage the finance and keep records of all financial transactions carried out in the office. He / She also generates regular management accounts and financial statements for decision making and accountability.
- Take ownership of accounting entries/postings
- Recording & Reviewing sales and purchase invoices
- Recording revenue & expenses according to procurement/export activity.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and control accounts.
- Prepare monthly Management Accounts, and other financial statements in accordance with the accounting procedures (International Financial Reporting Standards, IFRS)
- Manage Payroll for employees in compliance to IRD rules.
- VAT filing and compliance.
- Manage payables and receivables;
- Coordinate treasury functions of the office;
- Prepare and follow up the purchase orders, letters of credit etc.
- Carry out periodic variance analysis;
- Prepare end-of-year GAPSME Accounts.
- Liaise with external Auditors and Tax Authorities
Experience and Skills
- Familiar with the use of accounting packages for financial reporting
- Reading and interpretation of letters of credit (LC)
- SAGE 50
- Must have a degree in Accounting /Accountancy with a strong hands experience
- Accounting Certification such as the ACCA or the equivalent
Our client with offices here in Malta operating within a specialised field of procurement and export for various goods
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.