An Accountant position is currently available with an international reinsurance parent company, having an established office in Malta.
As an Accountant, you will be reporting to the Head of Finance in Malta.
- Executing the day to day activities of the Group
- Preparing management accounts and financial statements according to IFRS's
- Assisting in the preparation of VAT and tax returns
- Assisting in cash flow management and forecasting
- Assistance in the budgetary process and monitoring of cost control
- Maintaining and improving on internal procedures and manuals
- Liaising with auditors
- Being responsible and involved in ad-hoc projects
- Any other day to day duties which may be required for the smooth running of the department
Education & Experience
- You must be a fully qualified Accountant or in the final stages of achieving the qualification
- A minimum of 2 years of previous experience in a similar position is a requirement for the role
- Minimal travel may be required as part of the role
- Previous work experience within the insurance industry will be considered a strong asset
- A sound understanding of local IFRS, tax, and VAT legislation
- Analytical and organised
- Excellent communication skills in the English language is a requirement for the role
- Fluency in Italian will be considered as strong asset
Our client is a specialised insurance holding company operating within an international, dynamic and exciting environment.