Our Client is currently looking to recruit an Accountant to join the Finance Department. The main job purpose is to assist with the overall management of the company’s entire finance function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compilation and presentation of monthly management accounts;
- Verify and reconcile financial transactions by collecting and analysing account information;
- Manage the budget preparations and financial forecasts according to schedule;
- Ensure compliance with all statutory obligations and regulations;
- Stay abreast of all fiscal and other relevant legislation which may have a bearing on the activities of the company;
- Conduct an analysis of financial information so as to identify and implement strategies and procedures to monitor and improve internal controls and good governance;
- Be in charge of reviewing corporation tax, ensuring compliance, reporting and other tax requirements;
- Support the Procurement and Contract Officer with the review of financial terms in contracts and agreements in order to ensure that the company can adhere to them and they are financially beneficial to the company;
- Review the company’s cash flow and ensure sufficient cash is present for the day to day operations;
- Be in charge of asset management and asset accounting;
- Liaise and be the main point of contact with external parties, such as auditors, banking institutions, tax and legal advisors;
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management, ensure that all work assigned is delivered to scope, on time, within budget, effectively and efficiently and at the required quality standards.
Minimum Education & Skills Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent;
- CPA Certification will be considered an asset;
- A minimum of two (2) years proven work experience in a similar role;
- Experience in manufacturing will be considered advantageous for this role;
- Excellent users of Computime software (will be given preference);
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles;
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Good analytical skills with the ability to define and resolve issues;
- Team-player with the ability to work independently;
- Deadline-Oriented and able to prioritise and multi-task;
- Communication and time management skills;
Our client is a renowned operator within the power generation industry.
Jobs within accounts require the understanding and managing of finances for individuals and organisations. Accounting Jobs in Malta within this sector include client accounting, cost and accounts administration, bookkeeping, credit control, financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax jobs.